Saturday, August 24, 2019

VSN helped me deal with the Huge Queues awaiting darshan in the Guruvayur temple

There will always be huge crowds queuing outside the Guruvayur temple, waiting for the darshanam. In such situations, I have found that a simple remedy has been of great benefit to me, in passing the time and in overcoming tiredness/boredom while waiting the queue. Whenever I stand in the queue and mentally recite the Vishnu Sahasranamam while pondering the meanings of the nama-s, I have found that the crowd moves forward quickly, allowing me to have darshanam in quick time. I found this working, not once or twice, but many times. Whenever I was travelling in a crowded bus, the same simple remedy has fetched me comfortable seat/accommodation in quick time. The key thing here is, "pondering on the meanings of the nama-s", and connecting them with that eternal, all pervasive Para Brahman, as stated by the Bhagavad Gita. When I come to think of it - as the Brahma Sutras state - "Athaatho Brahma Jijnaasa" - so isn't this meditation on VSN naamas, one way of performing Brahma Jijnaasa too?

No comments: