Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Interesting anecdote on the power of Gayatri

Prajna,

I hope this message gives some motivation to you and others who are
thinking of trying Gayatri. I have experienced a lot of benefits by
doing Gayatri japa. I have been doing it for the past 14 years and
would continue it throughout my life. To understand my experiences,
kindly read the following :-

I don't have any good memories of my childhood - I was last in my
class until 4th grade in high school (My mom used to be beside me and
help during exams and also meet the school principal and request to
get me promoted!) - Don't remember any rhymes taught in kindergarten -
I only remember that I got beaten up by the school teacher several
times - Had Asthma attacks very often - Got fever/health problems
with weather (season) changes - Not a flexible guy and would have
been a complete failure (if I continued that way). During those days,
my parents decided to have my thread ceremony conducted (initiated in
Gayatri) hoping that my life would improve. The thread ceremony was
conducted during my 7th grade in High school.

During adolescence: My dream was to become a researcher. But the fact
of life was that I was a failure in everything. I got attached to
Gayatri - to bail me out of my difficulties. During the same time, I
began reading Bhagavadgita and other literature too. In the
beginning, the benefits weren't many. The immediate benefit of doing
intense Gayatri was that I got a lot of will power. By intense, I
mean continuous mental japa of Gayatri while doing the regular daily
activities. My health condition also improved. I guess the health is
related to a certain extent on the state of mind also. I take it as -
when a person has will power, he/she will have more body resistance
to fight (easily) common diseases. I began doing well in studies too.

When I got admission to an Engineering college for BTech
(undergraduate) degree and I needed to leave my home and live in the
hostel dormitaries, my parents were worried how I would be able to
live independently. I was able to come out successfully facing all
challenges by the will of Gayatri. While being away from parents, I
got a new feeling that Gayatri is my mother. Whenever I am in
trouble, I talk to her as my mother mentally. After completing the
undergraduate studies, I got a job in a good industry by campus
placement.

During adult life: At the age of 18 years, after one year in the
industry, I felt a need to do further studies to be able to become a
researcher (my childhood ambition). I did graduate studies (Masters)
in one of the prestigious institutes in India (IISc). As I am growing
up and am becoming more matured (maybe or may not be :-)), I ask less
and less from Gayatri in terms of benefits. I began realizing that no
matter what I ask Gayatri, I would get more benefits by surrendering
to her my whole Self. Bhagavadgita also had contributed a lot along
with Gayatri. While Bhagavadgita gave me theoretical knowledge,
Gayatri gave me the insight and ability to grasp deeper meaning of
life. Now, when I do Gayatri, I try to meditate on the real meaning
of the mantra and request her to give guidance while surrendering
myself wholeheartedly.

Currently, I am doing PhD in a prestigious US university and hope to
become a good researcher. I believe, Gayatri would direct me towards
making a proper judgement. Though I understand that the future
aspirations are not always easy to achieve, I am sure that Gayatri
would correct me when I am wrong and provide a direction to my
intellect. Goals change in life as one grows up and becomes more
matured. Gayatri would guide in this direction also.

A beginner should know that - You get what you ask. If you ask for
destruction/damage, you too are liable to receive the same. This is
to caution you and make you realize the importance of meditating on
the right meaning of Gayatri while doing the japa. Perhaps, this is
the reason during ancient times, there was a guru to guide in the
initial stages.

Take Care.

Best Wishes,
mahesh

--- In gayatri_parivar@yahoogroups.com, "prajna9292002
" wrote:
>
> Hi, Like most of you I have probably read everything there is to
> read about the Gayatri mantra on the internet. Many of these sights
> claim that the chanting of the Gayatri mantra will give wealth,
> supernatural powers, a glowing radiant physical body and other such
> outwardly visible benefits. Other sites merely say that it will
give
> enlightenment and wisdom. Either way is fine with me but does
anyone
> here have any experiences like the ones I listed above? I read so
> much about the mnatra but dont really know anyone that has done it
> long enough to see rewards. Some feedback would really be
> appreciated. Thanks!!
>
> Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have elucidated the importance of gayatri mantra in a wonderful manner. please post more articles and experiences of gayatri mantra and vishnu sahasranama. it is too much to ask knowing that you are pursuing phd even then i would ask you to post when you are free to write.